Lent is really just around the corner. Well, tomorrow IS Ash Wednesday. During my unpacking days, I've come across my yearly Lenten reading, In Conversation with God, several times. I knew I should've just put it on my bookshelf, but each time I would think, "Oh, Lent's far off." Well, I'm wrong!!! I've been searching and searching for it and can't find it. I think God has other plans for me. I think he wants me to read other things so, here's my Lenten reading for 2007.
- The Good News of God's Mercy--This is a book the bishop has asked all parishes to use.
- The Faith Explained--Got this book recommendation from my favorite place, the 4Real Messageboards.
- Sister Wendy's Meditations on the Mysteries of Our Faith
- Magnificat Lenten Companion--My parish provided free copies.
- The Word Among Us--The Lenten issue provided by my parish.
Along with the above, our parish provided another little devotional which I love. I don't know the title and am a bit too lazy to go and get it. The last two on the list are small short devotionals. I am going to try to read them in the morning or by midmorning (at least one or two). Sister Wendy's book is to be read on Sundays while I'll space out all the rest. The 4Real ladies are in the midst of a study of True Devotion to Mary so I've been following along albeit slowly. I'm behind the ladies on the messageboards, but I think I will benefit greatly by following in their midst.
I don't feel prepared for Lent, but as Ben said, "Isn't Lent a preparation?"